Sunday 8 July 2012

Increasing Lag In The Golf Swing

This video will show you a drill to help you increase lag on the down swing. You will notice my hips move open while the golf club stays behind me coming from an inside club path. As my weight shifts to my left side (right side for left handed players) the golf club moves downward from the inside while I hold the angle creating a great deal of lag in the golf swing. My right elbow (left elbow for left handed players) remains close to my side on the down swing. If you can swing the golf club in this fashion holding the downward angle you will hit longer and straighter golf shots. An easy drill you can perform in your back yard away from the golf course.Ten minutes per week practicing this drill will do wonders for your ball striking. Most tour players use this drill in practice. For more information about this drill and others contact Mark at graingergolf@rocketmail.com  to further improve your game. 
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment