Sunday 15 July 2012

Golf Shot with the Golf Ball Above Your Feet

When hitting a golf shot with the golf ball above your feet apply the following fundamentals:

This was an 8 iron shot from a rather steep slope running towards me.

I take a couple of practice swings to understand the swing plane I require to brush the grass with the club.
Ball position centred.
Grip down on the golf club.
When setting up stand closer to the golf ball because during the shot you will move away from the golf ball.. 
My legs are quite straight for this shot and I want to stand tall to the golf ball.
Aim to the right (left for left handed players) as the golf ball will draw or hook off this lie. 
My swing plane must be flatter almost like I'm swinging around my body. An upright plane will strike behind the golf ball and you will hit the golf shot fat.
Limited lower body movement is required for good contact although you can make a good shoulder turn.
At impact simply follow the slope with the follow through swinging to a good finish.
When you apply the above fundamentals this shot becomes very easy to execute.
For more information on improving your game contact Mark at  graingergolf@rocketmail.com
Thank you




No comments:

Post a Comment