Monday 16 July 2012

Hitting Golf Shots Back in Play From Under Trees

Have you ever hit a shot wayward and you have to hit your second shot under trees to get the golf ball back in play? Here's how you save a few shots:

The video will show I have approximately 140 yards to the green. Tree branches are blocking my path to the green. I have to hit the golf shot under the branches no more than 10 feet in the air.

I hit this golf shot with a 6 iron.
Ball position is in the middle of my feet. Any further back and you will hook the golf shot.
Weight is centered at address but you will see in the face on video my weight shifts to my left side ( right side for left handed players to start the downswing aggressively.
My back swing is a little more upright than I would for a regular iron shot as I want a descending angle of attack to trap the golf ball. Notice the shaft flex at impact.
Back swing length is approximately 3/4 of a full swing.
After I strike the golf ball I keep the club face square to my target line and cut off my follow through keeping the golf club as low as I can to the ground.
You will notice the golf ball moves under the tree limbs and toward the green. The down the line shot I hit on the green 20 feet from the flag. Your goal is to get the golf ball back in play. You can still make par getting the golf ball back in play if you can't make the green with your second shot. Hit a good third shot and make a putt. For further help with these golf shots or any others contact Mark at graingergolf@rocketmail.com
This shot executed correctly will save you shots on the scorecard.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment