Wednesday 18 July 2012

Golf Ball Against The Collar

Have you ever hit your approach shot to a green and walked up only to find the golf ball against the collar? This short game shot will help you save par.

My club of choice is my sand or lob wedge.
My ball position is just forward of centre.
My stance is slightly open.
My club face is slightly open aimed down the target line.
I don't sole the club behind the golf ball.
Making a putting stroke motion I strike the golf ball with the lead edge of the wedge just above the equator of the golf ball. The golf ball will hop over part of the fringe and start rolling as though you've hit a putt.
Be sure to follow through keeping the wedge square to the target line.
I find this an effective way to hit this golf shot which can be intimidating at times.
You can also hit this shot with a hybrid or fairway metal.
For help or more information on this shot or any other golf shots contact Mark at graingergolf@rocketmail.com
Thank you and enjoy the greatest game of a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment