Friday 10 August 2012

Hitting From an Uphill Lie

Occasionally  during a round of golf you have to hit a shot from an uphill lie. Here's an easy way to hit the shot. This golf shot was 135 yards and I required a 9 iron.

I choose one more club than I would normally hit for the yardage in calm conditions.
Shots from an uphill lie will also fly higher.

I play the golf shot further forward in my stance.

I align my shoulders on a similar angle to that of the slope.

I want to be comfortable at set up with more weight on my right side at address
(left side for left handed players).

I align slightly right of target as most of these shots will be hit will a slight pull.

Complete your back swing so the club will shallow on the downswing.

Reaching impact I concentrate on swinging the golf club up the slope and balancing as best I can.

Core strength is important hitting this golf shot. Good tempo is always a plus and helpful. If you need assistance with this shot or your game contact Mark at graingergolf@rocketmail.com
I'll show you how much fun the game will become.




No comments:

Post a Comment