Thursday 18 July 2013

What Can You Learn From Your Golf Shots During A Round Of Golf

Have you ever considered keeping track of a few simple stats? By doing this you can have a good indication where your golf shots are helping your scores and hurting your scores as well. 

Here's How:

Drives in the fairway

Greens in regulation

Chipping pitching and putts

Now an example:

In a round of golf I hit 10 fairways out of 14

I hit 8 greens in regulation. 

I have 45 shots chipping, pitching and putting

These stats tell me I'm driving the golf ball well. Only 8 greens in regulation tell me my iron shots are a little weak. 45 shots around the greens tell me my short game really needs work. 

Summary:

Improve iron shots and shots around the greens. I would therefore spend more time on these during practice.

Beginners should have a goal of getting the ball in play off the tee and maybe a extra or two shots to get to the green until you improve. 

For more information or to book a lesson with Mark email graingergolf@rocketmail.com 

Always have a goal when you play golf as goal's help you improve.



No comments:

Post a Comment