Monday 8 July 2013

Create Lag and Inside Club Path in Your Swing for Added Distance

Follow this simple drill to add lag to your down swing and improve your club path.

Simply swing the golf club to the top of the back swing.
I slide my right hand (left hand for left handed players) towards the club head.
I shift my weight as I would hitting a golf shot to my left side (right side for left handed players)
With the hand closest to the club head force the angle created on the back swing to maintain which helps you learn to lag the golf club and bring the club back to the ball from the inside.
Look closely at the angle (left arm and golf club) Now that's lag. My left hand reaches my thigh and I still have the angle.  
For further help contact Mark at graingergolf@rocketmail.com

A few simple drills and some work can really help you enjoy the game more.


No comments:

Post a Comment