Sunday 28 July 2013

For Those Who Have Trouble Chipping (The Bump & Run)

A great number of golfers have trouble with the bump and run chip shot from the rough or a tight lie. This will help you not only hit the golf shot with consistency but also give you a higher success rate and you may make a few as well. Considering most of your scoring is around the greens it makes sense to practice these shots with a goal of lower scores or to enjoy the game more.

Here's how and its simple:

This shot was about 30 feet in length

I selected a 9 iron because I wanted the golf ball to roll as quickly as possible

I play the golf shot from the middle of my stance half shoulder width apart

Hands are slightly ahead of centre at the address position

I raise my hands so the toe of the golf club goes down at the address position. You will see some arching with my right hand.

I swing the club just like a putting motion rocking my shoulders and swinging my arms

This is a very easy way to hit the golf shot with a high success rate

Remember if grip pressure stays the same length of back swing determines how far the shot will travel. This shot can be played depending upon length with any club from a fairway metal to your lob wedge.

For more information or to book a lesson contact Mark at graingergolf@rocketmail.com

Keeping the game simple makes scoring easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment