Monday 5 August 2013

Short Putts

During a round of golf you will have a number of these 3 to 5 footers to save par. Usually tour players that win tournaments have a very high average for the week making these length of putts. This particular putt was approximately 4 feet in length with a slight break from left to right. Two schools of thought. More speed and less break or more break and less speed. The first putt I hit with more speed and no break. The last two putts I hit aiming left edge of the hole but not giving the hole away.


A Few Points (Keep it Simple):

I set my putter square to the line and my body parallel to that line

Putter back and square to the line through the strike area

I prefer more speed and less break

Decide for yourself more speed and less break or less speed and more break

Keep it simple and you will make more of these putts and lower scores

For more information or to book a lesson with Mark email graingergolf@rocketmail.com
Putting made easy with tour proven instruction







No comments:

Post a Comment